Thread: Microsoft Passport Container service terminated

jesthe3rd is offline New Member

Default Microsoft Passport Container service terminated

I keep getting an error message that say's the "Microsoft Passport Container service terminated with the following error: General Access Denied." Source is, Service Control Manager, error ID is 7023.

I can not buy anything in the Microsoft store since this error. I can get to the store and I can load free apps, I just can't purchase anything. Can someone help please? Thanks!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Microsoft Passport replaces passwords with strong two-factor authentication on PCs and mobile devices - Windows Hello or PIN.

In your case it appears to be failing to authenticate your Microsoft account.

Switch to a Local Account, restart PC, login with your Local account.

Swtich back to your Microsoft account and changes Microsoft account password restart PC and sign in with your Microsoft account (Not PIN) and see if it helps.

You have to make sure that your Microsoft Passport service is Started and set to Manual. You can see its status via services.msc.

Run Fix 1 and Fix 2 here: Windows 10 Support and Solutions - Universal Fixes

If nothing works, then you may need to consider a Refresh/Reset/Reinstall Windows option.