Thread: Lost my metro tiles in Windows 10

ladyP is offline New Member

Default Lost my metro tiles in Windows 10

Had a problem with downloads from Windows Store not working with error Ox80073CFE

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Found a 'fix' on these forums and used

Now when I click on the left corner nothing happens I cannot get to my tiles which I spent hours getting just the way I wanted.

I cannot find how to get to my updates and Store to even see if the above fix has worked for downloads and updates.

This is a new Surface 3 which was updated at purchase in store to Windows 10.

Will I have to completely re-format or is there a fix please.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Run these 4 fixes and see if they help. Else you may have to reformat.
    Windows 10 Support and Solutions - Universal Fixes

kevlar42 is offline New Member

I share the pain of broken App Store and Win 10 Apps. Upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro went smoothly, and both the App Store and the Win 10 Apps worked before the dreaded Threshold 2 Update. I spent well over 4 hours with Windows Answers tech support (in fact one tech installed Tweaking repair app). MS finally threw up its hands and said "beat the %&#@ out of me." During theses support sessions, the Win 10 Pro ISO was installed, so going back to Win 7 Pro is not an option

I did a cursory search on the Store/App issue and find that it's not just me (yay).The common thread for broken Store and Apps is that it occurs in computers upgrading from an older OS and that no Powershell operation seems to fix the issue.