Thread: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen in Windows 10

prov31kath is offline New Member

Question PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Blue Screen in Windows 10

Every since I upgraded to Windows 10, I keep getting the following error: Blue Screen: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA; especially after a windows update.

I have researched, this error, in hopes to find a fix. The one and only option I can find, I can't seem to find a way to use it. The directions say press F8, at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices, to go into Advanced options. Then choose Last Known Good Configuration. It also says to run Chkdsk /f /r.

I don't get the character-mode menu, or I can't find it. When I start/restart, the computer goes straight into my sign-in screen. I have got to get this fixed; otherwise, I'm going to have to completely reset my computer, which I really don't want to have to do.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA occurs when a hardware driver or system service requested data that was not in memory. The cause may be defective physical memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and antivirus programs. If the error occurs immediately after installing a device driver or application, try to use Safe Mode to remove the driver or uninstall the program. Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, then it could be the Driver that is causing the problem.

Anyway, coming to your question, this post will show you how too boot into Advanced Startup Options. The post may be about something else, but it will show you how to get there.