Thread: Help with broken Store app WordPad 10

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Help with broken Store app WordPad 10

The Store app WordPad 10 which is installed (several times) on my Tablet PC, is 'broken' and I cannot get help with it. This is because (a) the link to a support email address on the Store page does not work (emails are bounced) and (b) the link supposedly to its website takes you to a completely different site, the authors of which say they have no connection to WordPad 10. I have lodged a report to MS, but am not expecting to get a reply.

So how can I get help with problems? ---- such as files listed in Recent Events not opening, plus Open on the main page not working; the This PC page shown in the Store page not being available; the in-app purchases not being offered. I can (partly) tell how the app is meant to work because it is working OK on my Windows phone. Unfortunately, the app on the phone does not have the required contact details either. It seems that the outfit is still alive somewhere because they have sent pop up-notifications of new additions to their offerings. I am thinking of following them up even though I dont want their new apps, such as a dedicated pdf reader (I have used Foxit for years, and WordPad 10 reads pdfs anyway).

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Have your tried these generic automated fixes from Microsoft? 1 and 7 may apply to you: http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...-problems.html

Clayto is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thanks. I tried the Troubleshooter. It reported that it cannot find the problem. I dont have problems with apps generally but when I do it is usually compounded by the fact that Support cannot be contacted, does not reply or does not exist.