Thread: Printer System Tray icon window in Windows 10 missing

dough54321 is offline New Member

Default Printer System Tray icon window in Windows 10 missing

Have Windows 10. We had some documents in the printer queue and the printer got hung up. There was no printer tray icon like before, where I could right click on it and cancel the documents in queue.

I went to SETTINGS > SYSTEM > NOTIFICATIONS AND ACTIONS > SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR... and there was no option for turning this on.

I went to SETTINGS > DEVICES ... and it showed my printer and that there were two documents in queue, but when I clicked on it, nothing happened. A button popped up next to the name of the printer that said, REMOVE PRINTER, but nothing else. I still couldn't get into the queue.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Is this a Win10 issue? Did they do away with the printer queue that used to show up in the system tray whenever a document was printing?

Thanks for the help.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Run services.msc. Check if Device Association Service, Device Install Service, Device Setup Manager startup type is set to Manual and the startup type of Device Management Enrollment Service is set to Manual (Trigger Start).

Run Printer troubleshooter and see if it helps: Fix Windows 10 Printer problems with Troubleshooter