Thread: Windows 10 clicking on icons on webpages does nothing

tchr22 is offline New Member

Default Windows 10 clicking on icons on webpages does nothing

I just upgraded to Windows 10 this week. A problem I'm experiencing is that in certain webpages, clicking on linked icons does nothing (for example, "like" buttons on websites or clicking "Get the app" in the Microsoft download website).

Can anyone help? I can't find this issue on any online forum.

Thanks,
    Shelley

P.S. So far I've fixed a non-working start menu, and also had a non-working calculator that the online fix has not helped. (Just made the icon go completely white and non-clickable.)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Which browser? Internet Explorer, Edge or ... ???

You might need to reset default program.

If IE, please see if this helps you:
    Fix: Internet Explorer Does Not Open Links

Default problem occurs in both Chrome and Edge

In both Chrome and Edge. I tried posting on google help forums but since it's with more than just the google browser, they suggested it's a Windows 10 issue. (I did not experience this issue in my Windows 8 platform.)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Reboot in Clean Boot State and see if you still face this problem.

If you do not, then it means that some installed program is interfering. You will then need to try and identify which one it could be and then disable it.

Default issues cont'd

Thank you for the help. It didn't work, but please keep the suggestions coming.

When I try a reboot in clean boot slate, the box Use original boot configuration is grayed out and it's already selected "Selective startup". So then I searched for a Windows fix for that. Unfortunately the one in the Windows forum about downloading Dual Boot Repair tool did not work. I tried it twice, restarting each time. The "use original boot configuration box" is still grayed out.

I appreciate your help. Because my calculator doesn't work, I tried to re-download the app. But my computer won't click the "Get the app" button. And now I'm uncovering these other issues. I am frustrated that I switched over to Windows 10.

At this point, I'd even pay for a remote service to fix these issues, even though I've paid for my operating system. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Reboot in Clean Boot State[/URL] and see if you still face this problem.

If you do not, then it means that some installed program is interfering. You will then need to try and identify which one it could be and then disable it.