Thread: Windows cannot run 32-bit programs

Rayman is offline New Member

Default Windows cannot run 32-bit programs

This is a message from the program provider. I am using a HP all in one with Windows 10. I tried option and it didn't work. Option two I don't understand. Option 3 I could not find Windows ultimate for Windows 10, and also didn't understand it all. ?? Can anyone help me along here? I plain English?

This is a 2-paragraph reply that includes a solution to your problem, Your problem is due to the brand name of the PC you are using and not the software...

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PROBLEM...

1/2. Like all military, one-size-fits-all equipment, The War Library military-access software works on ALL versions of Windows from Win 1.0 to the present, and all UnRestricted bit formats from 8-bit to 1024-bit (current, DOD/NSA). It sounds like you were lured into purchasing a Restricted-mode, 64-bit-only version of Windows. This is common in 64-bit-restricted Hewlett-Packard's, Dell's, Sony's (Toshiba), Samsung's (Acer), Compaq, Gateway and recently some 64-bit-restricted Lenovo's which primarily sells service assistance and upgrades.

2/2. It was not Microsoft's intent that the PC manufacturers named above remove or disable a primary Windows operating feature solely to resell that function as an upgrade when the user would inevitably realize some software programs won't run. See your Options below...

OPTION ONE:
    After performing the initial Library software download process from {URL blocked} which installs all of the access files in a folder on your C Drive named C:\MHC...

a. click to open your C Drive using the C Drive icon on your desktop b. click to open the MHC folder
    c: double-click the file: CSTERM.EXE (this is the main operating program)

If you receive an error message look for the TROUBLESHOOT option hyperlinked in the error message and follow the instructions. One of those TroubleShoot options should allow you to try running the CSTERM.EXE file as if you were using a previous version of Windows (Win 1.x to 10.x.) In other words, allowing your Restricted Version of Windows to translate CSTERM.EXE as an accepted version compatible with your Restricted Version that only recognizes 64-bit-ONLY software. (Again, CSTERM.EXE is a military-grade MULTI-VERSION software program and your PC has been deliberately restricted to recognize only one version: 64-bit, and prohibits other versions, including multi-versions to run on your PC.)

We suggest that you try the Windows 98 option first.

If the Windows 98 option (which works for most people using a Restricted
    PC) does not immediately work for you, you may have to proceed Einsteinian (human intellect is 99% sweat and 01% knowledge) through every TroubleShoot bit-version option your PC allows you to attempt.

OPTION TWO: Install the free VirualBox software {URL Blocked}. Then install a non-restricted version of Windows (3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, XP, 7, 8, 10, etc) in the Virtual Box platform on your hard drive. To use this Option you must have one of the Windows version programs on a CD or DVD listed above in this paragraph.

OPTION THREE: Get Microsoft Windows Ultimate (Microsoft Help:
    1-855-698-3249). Get Windows Ultimate directly from Microsoft (do not get from Dell, HP, Sony, etc) so that your PC will operate in the
    multi-platform mode that Microsoft intended it to
    operate:
    windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/how-do-i-get-windows-ultimate-extras-downloads-and-services]How do I get Windows Ultimate Extras downloads and services?

Unfortunately, America doesn't produce geniuses like Thomas Edison anymore.
    Which is why no smart person has yet created a simple software program that forces restricted versions of Windows to accept any bit size. However, if you are a smart person you may want to read up on WOW64 which Microsoft developed to get around companies such as those listed above that ruthlessly created restricted versions of Windows....

See the section titled: Windows 32-bit on Windows 64 (WOW64) on this site:
    {URL Blocked}How to run 32 bit application in 64 bit windows operating system?

And see... Running 32-bit Applications
    This is a 2-paragraph reply that includes a solution to your problem, Your problem is due to the brand name of the PC you are using and not the software...

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PROBLEM...

1/2. Like all military, one-size-fits-all equipment, The War Library military-access software works on ALL versions of Windows from Win 1.0 to the present, and all UnRestricted bit formats from 8-bit to 1024-bit (current, DOD/NSA). It sounds like you were lured into purchasing a Restricted-mode, 64-bit-only version of Windows. This is common in 64-bit-restricted Hewlett-Packard's, Dell's, Sony's (Toshiba), Samsung's (Acer), Compaq, Gateway and recently some 64-bit-restricted Lenovo's which primarily sells service assistance and upgrades.

2/2. It was not Microsoft's intent that the PC manufacturers named above remove or disable a primary Windows operating feature solely to resell that function as an upgrade when the user would inevitably realize some software programs won't run. See your Options below...

OPTION ONE:
    After performing the initial Library software download process from amervets.com/library which installs all of the access files in a folder on your C Drive named C:\MHC...

a. click to open your C Drive using the C Drive icon on your desktop b. click to open the MHC folder
    c: double-click the file: CSTERM.EXE (this is the main operating program)

If you receive an error message look for the TROUBLESHOOT option hyperlinked in the error message and follow the instructions. One of those TroubleShoot options should allow you to try running the CSTERM.EXE file as if you were using a previous version of Windows (Win 1.x to 10.x.) In other words, allowing your Restricted Version of Windows to translate CSTERM.EXE as an accepted version compatible with your Restricted Version that only recognizes 64-bit-ONLY software. (Again, CSTERM.EXE is a military-grade MULTI-VERSION software program and your PC has been deliberately restricted to recognize only one version: 64-bit, and prohibits other versions, including multi-versions to run on your PC.)

We suggest that you try the Windows 98 option first.

If the Windows 98 option (which works for most people using a Restricted
    PC) does not immediately work for you, you may have to proceed Einsteinian (human intellect is 99% sweat and 01% knowledge) through every TroubleShoot bit-version option your PC allows you to attempt.

OPTION TWO: Install the free VirualBox software {URL Blocked}. Then install a non-restricted version of Windows (3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, XP, 7, 8, 10, etc) in the Virtual Box platform on your hard drive. To use this Option you must have one of the Windows version programs on a CD or DVD listed above in this paragraph.

OPTION THREE: Get Microsoft Windows Ultimate (Microsoft Help:
    1-855-698-3249). Get Windows Ultimate directly from Microsoft (do not get from Dell, HP, Sony, etc) so that your PC will operate in the
    multi-platform mode that Microsoft intended it to
    operate:
    com/en-us/windows-vista/how-do-i-get-windows-ultimate-extras-downloads-and-services

Unfortunately, America doesn't produce geniuses like Thomas Edison anymore.
    Which is why no smart person has yet created a simple software program that forces restricted versions of Windows to accept any bit size. However, if you are a smart person you may want to read up on WOW64 which Microsoft developed to get around companies such as those listed above that ruthlessly created restricted versions of Windows....

See the section titled: Windows 32-bit on Windows 64 (WOW64) on this site:
    celframe.com/supportsuite/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/367/0/how-to-run-32-bit-application-in-64-bit-windows-operating-system

And see... Running 32-bit Applications
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...=vs.85%29.aspx

And... WOW64 Implementation Details
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...=vs.85%29.aspx

Cordially,
    Reference Desk
    Since 1988, The American War Library
    817 East Via Carmelitos
    Virginia Building 319
    Long Beach CA 90805-7549

Telephone / Fax 1-562-422-4100

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

From what I understand, they are saying that some OEM manufacturers make some changes to the system as a result of which these Windows OEM x64 machines are not able to run 32-bit programs.

The options given to you are:

1] Download a process from the link given and install it.

2] Install VirtualBox and install another OS which will run that program.

3] Download and install a non-OEM Windows copy.

Actually from what I know, any 32-bit program is supposed to run on a 64-bit system. And I really do not know of (if) what changes OEMs make to their Windows 64-bit copies so as to restrict running of 32-bit programs.

If your 32-bit program is using a 16-bit installer, then the program just wont run.

As I see you have 3 options:

1] Run the program as Admin and/or in Compatibility Mode and see if it work.

2] Run the program using Virtual Box, Virtual PC or using any virtualization program.

3] Dual boot your Windows 10 with your old Windows version on which the program worked.

All the best.