Thread: Can't open folders with double click after last Update

Baxman500 is offline New Member

Default Can't open folders with double click after last Update

Since the last update I have been unable to open folders in the usual way. If I double click on any folder I get a message saying there is no program installed to open this folder. I am not the only one with this problem. I have been unable to find a fix for this. The strange thing is there is suddenly a "cmd" option on the right click menu, and I can open folder by right clicking and selecting open. It's driving me crazy. I have done a system restore, which temporarily fixed the issue, but as soon as Windows updates again it goes right back to the same issue. Please help.

Baxman500

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Double click to open folders not working

Please perform a Clean Boot and see if problem persists. If it does not then something is definitely interfering with the smooth operation of Explorer.exe. You will have to try and identify the offending process and then disable it.

Else create a system restore point first and see if this file association registry fix in File Association Fixer helps you. Try the one for Folder and see. If the results are not to your expectations, restore your computer back right away.