Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By weybrew

Thread: Can't place icons on the bottom row of the desktop Windows 10

weybrew is offline Beginner

Default Can't place icons on the bottom row of the desktop Windows 10

Have just installed Windows 10 and could use a little help. I am unable to move some of my desktop icons to the bottom row (screen shot available). Some of the icons on the 2nd row up I want to move to the bottom but they just bounce back but others set just fine. Have tried to adjust icon size but can't figure how to do that... found where to do it, it just won't let me adjust the slider to size.

Also, I thought Win 10 was to start faster than my previous Win 7 but when I restart I get Win 10 + spinning wheel > black screen > repeat 1st screen > black screen, long > Welcome screen > black screen > Welcome > black screen for several minutes > desktop. All of this takes a good while... is this normal? Once when I rebooted I got my original desktop as originally laid out (!).

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

This could be because there isn't a full row remaining to accommodate the icons. or this may be due to your display settings/screen resolution. Not sure it this will help, but try it.

Well, first right click on the desktop and select Display settings. Next scroll down and click Advanced Display Settings. Again scroll down and select Advanced sizing of text. Now click on the set a custom scaling level link and set an appropriate & by trial and error . Remember your original setting. If it does not help, restore the old setting back.

Else open Settings > System > Display > Change the size of text. Move the slider to a different position and se if it helps.

weybrew is offline Beginner

Thanks for your reply, HappyAndyK. I've played around long enough to have found a combination of task bar icon size and placement of my desktop icons. Matter has been resolved.
    HappyAndyK likes this.