Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geoffllo

Thread: Touchpad locked on laptop

ohdearme is offline New Member

Default Touchpad locked on laptop

Hello all I have just joined.

I used to be able to swipe the touchpad on my Asus laptop. It doesn't work anymore.

Have I done something wrong, what can I do please?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Try these:

1] Press F5 and see if it unlocks it. Else press Fn+F5 and see if it unlocks the laptop touchpad. Else check your other F1 to F12 keys and press them or press Fn+those keys and see if any one of them locks or unlocks the touchpad.

2] In Windows 10, open Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad settings. Set the Touchpad setting to Medium delay.

3] Open Control panel > Mouse Properties > Touchpad tab > Touchpad settings. Enable this setting, if it is disabled.

geoffllo is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Try these:

1] Press F5 and see if it unlocks it. Else press Fn+F5 and see if it unlocks the laptop touchpad. Else check your other F1 to F12 keys and press them or press Fn+those keys and see if any one of them locks or unlocks the touchpad.

2] In Windows 10, open Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad settings. Set the Touchpad setting to Medium delay.

3] Open Control panel > Mouse Properties > Touchpad tab > Touchpad settings. Enable this setting, if it is disabled.
    On my Asus laptop, the trackpad is enabled/disabled by Fn F9.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

ohdearme is offline New Member

No luck yet, I will keep trying, thank you
    Alan

dhyeylu is offline New Member

I recently downloaded Windows 10 UPGRADES. In the middle of a session the touchpad goes suddenly senseless. Then I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and then press CANCEL in the opened window. After that touchpad starts working again for some more minutes. Then I have to keep on doing it every time the touchpad goes DEAD.