Thread: Windows 10 latest Update

RankerKyet is offline New Member

Thumbs down Windows 10 latest Update

New to the forum, but my question is this. Has anyone else encountered problems with the latest update??? Luckily I was able to return to my last restore point, but this update was horrendous. First thing I noticed after the download was my desktop had been altered and not in a good way. Also, my Windows office was unable to work could not open it at all. Several other programs I used would either not open or asked for weird stuff, like cloud info. I received various error codes regarding Xbox cloud account error info. Also, my browser slowed way down. Norton Security was not happy either. Computer kept freezing up. Task Manager would not function. So after about 4 hours, I went back to the restore point that was saved.After the restore, everything seems to be back to normal. Anyway, my machine did not like the latest updates. Need to do the work around to avoid updates.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

derarzt is offline New Member

Default HATE latest update

Quote Originally Posted by RankerKyet View Post
    New to the forum, but my question is this. Has anyone else encountered problems with the latest update??? Luckily I was able to return to my last restore point, but this update was horrendous. First thing I noticed after the download was my desktop had been altered and not in a good way. Also, my Windows office was unable to work could not open it at all. Several other programs I used would either not open or asked for weird stuff, like cloud info. I received various error codes regarding Xbox cloud account error info. Also, my browser slowed way down. Norton Security was not happy either. Computer kept freezing up. Task Manager would not function. So after about 4 hours, I went back to the restore point that was saved.After the restore, everything seems to be back to normal. Anyway, my machine did not like the latest updates. Need to do the work around to avoid updates.
    I totally agree! Lost my desktop background, games. New & improved is new but never improved! Took me also about 1.5 hours to get back to where I had been & was happy with. Why must I "update" if I'm satisfied with what I've got? Wish Microsoft would allow me to just stay where I am, 'cause there's never a grandchild around to help me figure out what Microsoft has done to me when I need to get back to where I was!

MickeyMari is offline New Member

Default I can't boot to Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by derarzt View Post
    I totally agree! Lost my desktop background, games. New & improved is new but never improved! Took me also about 1.5 hours to get back to where I had been & was happy with. Why must I "update" if I'm satisfied with what I've got? Wish Microsoft would allow me to just stay where I am, 'cause there's never a grandchild around to help me figure out what Microsoft has done to me when I need to get back to where I was!
    During the (long) update my computer shut off and now I have only the "Toshiba" screen when I start my laptop. I was in the middle of the update when it happened. I can't get to Windows. Is there anything I can do?