Thread: Can't Reset PC - There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC in Windows 10

Tonnybin is offline New Member

Default Can't Reset PC - There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC in Windows 10

My PC Speed is pathetic So I decided to reset all the settings. I have saved all my files in different Harddisk and tried to reset my PC. But suddenly an error occurs There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC what the hell it is. I tried the methods avaliable online but not getting the results. Please help me to solve this ridiculous issue. Thanks.

jiyang is offline New Member

Have you tried the restore point? I think you need that, it might be something on the file that's been updated or not been recognize anymore.

KaneH is offline New Member

There Was a Problem Resetting Your PC in Windows 10

Go to Settings-->Update & Security-->Recovery-->Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    then In the new window, Select Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> Command prompt.
    Next, select the administrator account.Now provide the credentials for the admin account you opted in the previous step.Finally, in the Command Prompt window, type following commands
    cd %windir%\system32\config
    ren system system.001
    ren software software.001

then hit enter .
    You can now close the Command Prompt window, which takes you to Windows Recovery Environment screen. Select Continue option to get into your operating system. After a reboot, you'll find that 'There was a problem resetting your PC' issue is solved already.