Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Legit Labs

Thread: Is Windows is using slower virtual memory? Should I upgrade RAM?

creamcot is offline New Member

Default Is Windows is using slower virtual memory? Should I upgrade RAM?

I have Windows 10 and as far as I can see, with the latest 64 bit Flight sim and associated applications running, my physical 8gb RAM has 70% used with 85% stated to be commit charge. Does this mean that windows is using slower virtual memory so that I would be better off upgrading to 16gb memory? Any help would be appreciated

Legit Labs is offline New Member

Those stats sound about right for an 8 GB of RAM machine.

How much RAM did the flight simulator used to use for you?

An 8 GB of RAM PC is perfectly fine for everyday tasks, but as soon as you start using graphic intensive apps, like I assume a flight simulator would be, it's probably going to be using quite a bit of it.

That said, it's not a huge issue to be using 70% of RAM I wouldn't have thought. But upgrading should solve the high usage.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

creamcot is offline New Member

Many thanks. I never looked into how much RAM my previous Flight sim-32 bit-used but I think I will upgrade to 16gb which hopefully may help some of the stuttering when turning in a military jet which is loading lots of scenery in a short space of time. Then again maybe I need to upgrade my 3gb graphics card or even upgrade my PC. This is all a not very merry merry-go round. As my wife says I should take up stamp collecting instead!