Thread: HP Device Access Manager: Just In Time Authentication required for Removable Storage

peterinoz is offline New Member

Default HP Device Access Manager: Just In Time Authentication required for Removable Storage

How do I override having to scan my fingerprint every 15 minutes when accessing an external drive on a new HP ProBook 470 G5 with Windows 10 Pro?

I am trying to access an unencrypted removable hard drive and some flash drives and i get a balloon come up with-

"Device Access Manager. Just In Time Authentication required for Removable Storage. Click balloon to do so."

Another balloon appears saying-

"Authentication required for Device Access Manager to grant access to Removable Storage"

An option is given for Windows Password or Fingerprint Scanner. But access is only for 15 minutes which is annoying as I use the removable Hard-drive for permanent storage and daily backup which stops if it extends past the 15 minute mark.

Help would be greatly appreciated

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Open & log into your HP Client Security program and on the right side, you will see Device Permissions. Click on it and then click on Change next to Access.

Toggle the switch to On or Off position or simply edit the Just In Time Authentification.

See if this helps.