Thread: Windows 10 & Watson "safe crash" when "failed to validate .exe/.Dll/.Netframework/QT5

Kurnn is offline New Member

Default Windows 10 & Watson "safe crash" when "failed to validate .exe/.Dll/.Netframework/QT5

Hey master coders!

I have a minor issue with SOME software and games which started to Crash lately.
    Could anyone guide me what to do?

I have been using The Windows Club for both the tools and finding proper information about X Win 10 issue.
    Since Microsoft only seams to answer every question about how to fix any issue, with, A Clean-install.

Win 10 has been working great for me! But!
    Since the Jan 23th "oops" update by Microsoft, which they did fix again (mostly), I have gotten odd Application crashes, and a few HARD Windows resets (powers off and start up from Bios).

Every CrashDmp and Logs for the software that's crash, or hard Windows reset, has the same reason for windows to do a "Critial failure/forced reboot"
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Qt5Core.dll
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Qt5Widgets.dll
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for LaunchPad.exe
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for MO2.exe
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for SkyrimSE.exe
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Civ6.exe
    • *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for Steam.exe

This is just the most common process that Windows crashes the game/software/tool/Function.

The Crashes are NEVER reproducible! Reboot windows, and run the software again, and it works flawlessly.

I have been working weeks on this, and there is nothing wrong with:
    - The software and files
    - Windows 10 access rights
    - Win Registry errors
    - Windows Defender Settings (All correct, with exceptions for the software location, in NON Windows protected folders.
    - I have admin rights as the Windows user.
    - Viruskiller and Malware are both in passive mode AND forbidden from ACCESSING the folder AND the files. Also, they are set as an exception.
    - The GPU driver

I have ran ALL the Powershell commands to check Win 10 system for instability, memory errors and disc errors.
    All clear.

I have updated Win 10 CORRECTLY, and CONFIRMED that the .net update is installed and working.

I say again,
    My system WORKS. The Software WORKS. The games WORKS.

But, a SELECT few software and games, which NEVER crashed before. SOMETIMES, WITHOUT ANY PATTERN, crashes to desktop. And 2 huge games, Skyrim and Civilization 6, causes a hard reboot.
    I can get two hard reset in one day, then nothing for days.
    Not ONCE, has the crash happen with the same process, doing the same thing!?????

My hardware is NOT the reason.
    Win crash log and kernel dump, shows no hardware failures, or heat "Critical reboot".

I have run the .netframwork repair tool. However, that caused me a real instability problem! Which I had to fix.

Does anyone here recognize any of this?

I am just a user. A very experienced one, but still a user (who can miss obvious things).

Is there any way to stop Win 10 Watson from crashing the process/Software, when it fails to verify the checksum?
    The software IS correct. Win 10 says so!

Could my issue be, that something in Win SYSTEM, is validating incorrectly? Either a false validation, or the process, like Qt5 or Steam.exe, SOMETIMES isnt synced with Win SYSTEM, which causes the checksum error?

I am NOT a software developer, but I use software which are built on developer tools like Python, Qt5, .net, visual studio, etc.

My Win 10 settings for "developer", is "SIDELOAD APPS".

Question:
    If I set the developer setting on "Developer", then Win 10 will install tools and functions, like Qt5.
    Would this do any difference in USING software tools?

I can provide any logs. I NEED to locate why only a select .exe, .dll and functions are causing Win 10 to crash them.

Note: My system works! This is a MINOR issue. Since not ONE crash, is repeatable and rebooting the computer makes the software work 100% again.

Am I missing something? Unlucky? Is Windows out to get me?
    Thanks for any help!

--Kurnn, the Swedish Goth
    " -I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death, your right to say it"
    Voltaire

Pankaj is offline Senior Member

You seem to have done it all … Perhaps a site like stackoverflow may have suggestions for you...