Thread: UWT exe file disapppears

ekuhlman is offline New Member

Default UWT exe file disapppears

Hi all... New here, but not new to PC's or Windows.

Something really strange is going on with my Windows 10 (ver 1903) and Ultimate Windows Tweaks 4.x.

I D/L the UWT4 zip file to my PC and extract it like usual. BUT when I run the exec file, a few seconds pass and the exec file just DISAPPEARS -- literally. I watch it vanish right before my eyes. If I do a search for it, there isn't any, not even in the recycle bin.

I've done this multiple times with the same result... except ONCE... when I ran the exec, the program started. I was able to make several changes to my desktop that worked. However, when I exited the program and tried to start it back up again... sure enough, a few seconds go by and the exec file vanishes, into never-never land I guess.

Does anyone have a clue why this would be happening???

I have a brand new PC and Windows 10 is functioning normally. I've installed several applications with few problems, even some old stuff like Ghost 15, Quicken 11,street atlas USA 12, etc., and I've used UTW for years with other Windows versions.

I'm stumped. I can't find evidence that anyone else has experienced this type of problem.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Which antivirus are you using? maybe it is quarantining UWT.

I suggest you add uwt.exe to its safe list.

I am using Avast. I did add the exec to the exception list, but made no difference. I even disabled Avast during the download and extraction... no change. The .exe file just simply disappears about 5 seconds after extracting.

Interesting, I started experiencing several other issues that I knew shouldn't be happening, so since I just got this thing and haven't put much on it yet, I decided to start completely clean with a fresh install of Windows 10.
    Wala! everything is now working as it should, and UWT4 is performing perfectly.