DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: realtek issue

guitarman is offline New Member

Question realtek issue

i just bought a new computer windows 10 64 bit 16 gig of memory. on my previous system i had the realtek sound manager and want to put the same thing on this computer. when i navigate to the sound drivers in device manager the device drivers show up as " high definition audio drivers " (not realtek high definition audio drivers) manufactured by microsoft so i guess my question is this can i uninstall the current drivers and install the realtek drivers and will that allow me to install the realtek sound manager

RolandJS is offline Senior Member

I just now saw this, I think you can install the Realtek drivers, and have the Sound setting "point" to the realtek hardware (which is using the realtek software). I did that in my Windows 7 Pro, I have to point Sound to the stuff I want it to use.

guitarman is offline New Member

the problem is on my system when i try to install the realtek drivers i get a message that says that they are incompatible with my system..that the only drivers that will work are the microsoft drivers

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Did you download the Realtek driver from their site? https://www.thewindowsclub.com/downl...anager-windows

Lewis-H is offline Windows Enthusiast

Realtek High Definition Audio is not working problem can occur when your driver is outdated or is incompatible with the Windows version you are using. To fix this issue you can install the compatible driver or update the outdated driver on your system.

agursukh is offline New Member

Hi Roland

I am new to the forum and at the onset please accept my greetings and appreciation on the efforts you guys are putting to help users like us have better Windows user experience.

I have similar issue of "Win 10 Pro 1909" after update not detecting the Realtek. Used Winfix tool but its not helping at all.

Please help.

HappyAndyK is online now Site Administrator

Delcardo3 is offline Beginner

Are you trying to install the same kind of driver that you already have on another computer? If you exactly can remember that drive's [already installed on your other computer] name would be better. And then download it and installed it. There are different sources available WindowsMaximizer for example that you can try. All the best!