Thread: realtek issue

guitarman is offline New Member

Question realtek issue

i just bought a new computer windows 10 64 bit 16 gig of memory. on my previous system i had the realtek sound manager and want to put the same thing on this computer. when i navigate to the sound drivers in device manager the device drivers show up as " high definition audio drivers " (not realtek high definition audio drivers) manufactured by microsoft so i guess my question is this can i uninstall the current drivers and install the realtek drivers and will that allow me to install the realtek sound manager

RolandJS is offline Senior Member

I just now saw this, I think you can install the Realtek drivers, and have the Sound setting "point" to the realtek hardware (which is using the realtek software). I did that in my Windows 7 Pro, I have to point Sound to the stuff I want it to use.

guitarman is offline New Member

the problem is on my system when i try to install the realtek drivers i get a message that says that they are incompatible with my system..that the only drivers that will work are the microsoft drivers

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Did you download the Realtek driver from their site? https://www.thewindowsclub.com/downl...anager-windows