Thread: Display bug after W10 fresh install

email2r2 is offline New Member

Default Display bug after W10 fresh install

I run an old 8-9 years tower that has been running flawlessly under W7x64. Since they announce that it wont be supported in 2020, I decide to upgrade to W10x64. Bought a legit DVD and license and made off course an image of my old set-up.

Right after the install, windows began updating the drivers. At first I had the basic display with the very low resolution. Once windows had finished updating everything, the screen did go to the normal resolution but with an inconvenient bug.

I have the Windows blue logo in the middle of the screen, mouse running ok, start menu open as it should but I cant open any program. they all stay minimized in the taskbar. I can see if I place the mouse over the icon that they are running but they never pop a full view windows.

Since the graphic card was old, I replaced it with a newer GeForce GT730 that offer W10 drivers but it still the same. After that I<m quite helpless since I cant see anything.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R drived by an I7 3.06 backed-up with 24G ram.

I<m kind of pissed off with this outcome because my pc has 3 3TB hard drive and every option I could add to it back then. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Open Run box, and run this command:

Code:
    msdt.exe /id DeviceDiagnostic
    This troubleshooter troubleshoots problems using hardware and access devices connected to the computer.

Also see points 4 and 5 here - Application stays minimized in the Taskbar.

powercutIN is offline Beginner

Hi,
    Maybe some app is interfering with others to stop them from opening. Did you try booting into safe mode Windows 10? That will tell us if any app has gone rogue. Check it, if not already done. If nothing works, try reinstalling

AshishM is offline Moderator =Moderator

Can you try what Anand Said and get back to use?