Thread: UWT conflict on what version of Windows 10 I have

rondtroy is offline New Member

Default UWT conflict on what version of Windows 10 I have

I just ran the Windows upgrade assistant to upgrade from 1903 Pro to 1909. I've since gotten at least one 1909 update. I go into UWT 4.71 (also first tried in 4.6) and told it to display windows version on desktop. While the opening page in UWT says I have 1909, the version on the desktop is 18362_19H1. That's not 1909. So now I'm truly confused. I did another Win pro pc a couple days ago the same way, but it shows 18363 as expected.

What is going on?

binghamjc is offline New Member

I am seeing the same thing.
    Did Microsoft change where they are storing that information and someone forgot to update the display on desktop code to get it from the new place. Obviously the code that supports the System Information page is getting the correct information, why can't the code that supports display on desktop get the correct information. Is it possible that this is a bug in some Microsoft code.

rondtroy is offline New Member

That is possible. This is a very odd release The code base of 1903 and 1909 id identical. All that is supposed to be different are some features that switch on in 1909. But it doesn't look like any of the features actually affect end users. But it's still confusing when you can't tell which version you really have.

Lewis-H is offline Beginner

Delete UWTSettings registry key at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\UWTSetti ngs

I made a back-up of the registry key in case something goes wrong; but I don't foresee any trouble arising from it being gone.