Thread: Installing Windows 10 in new ssd begins setup after first reboot

Alastor is offline New Member

Default Installing Windows 10 in new ssd begins setup after first reboot

I have been trying a handful of times over the last few months to install Windows 10 onto my new SSD. Originally I had tried transferring Windows 10 from the hard drive to the SSD, but couldn't because of the format of my old hard drive. I then tried to do a clean install of Windows 10 using a USB Drive. Everything had gone well, it gets through the install screen, but when it restarts, (if its even supposed to restart), it puts me back at the beginning of the setup rather than moving forward at all

RuskinF is offline Beginner

What is exactly what you see in the installation setup?
    Also, Windows installation process does a restart a lot of times while installing itself on a drive.
    So at which phase of installation do you get set backward instead of ahead?
    You would have tell the problem in detail.

For a start have you verified if the installation media is perfect or corrupt?

Regards.

TerranceM is offline New Member

Remove the old HDD and install the SSD (there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process) Insert the Bootable Installation Media. Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it. Change the boot order so the Installation Media is top of the boot order.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Have you removed the old HD or not while installing Windows 10 on SSD? If not removed , remove old HD. How have you created bootable USB drive to install Windows 10? Check this for steps.