DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Sudden GIANT mouse pointer

weybrew is offline Beginner

Default Sudden GIANT mouse pointer

I have a problem with intermittent change in size of my mouse pointer, cursor, etc. I have my settings at minimal, and at a fresh reboot, they are all the correct size. Yet, for some reason, they all suddenly switch to BIG! I recheck my settings and they are all still at the minimal setting I selected. There doesn't seem to be any apparent trigger for this change. Someone suggested that I delete the driver in Device Manager>mouse and reboot. When I checked, I found that I have 2 seemingly identical drivers. I thought I would delete both before the reboot, but it seems that Win 10 won't let me uninstall but one at a time. The only problem is that when I delete the first one my mouse becomes unusable and I can't control the reboot, or anything else. So, how can I uninstall both drivers and still have any control to restart?

And it goes to say that if this isn't even the correct fix for my problem, can someone tell me what is?

Win 10 PRO v2004 (build no. 19041.450)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You can restore the Mouse pointer defaults.

Please see - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-t...-on-windows-10

AshishM is offline Moderator =Moderator

Did you install any third-party software that might be doing that? I doubt drivers can do this.

johnson_br is offline New Member

Default Please try these options one by one and check after each option.

1. Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter
    Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down & Click Hardware & Devices > Click Run the Troubleshooter & follow on-screen directions > Restart the computer after troubleshooting is completed

2. Take actions related to Display Driver
    Windows Key+X > Click Device Manager > Expand Display Adapter > Right click on entry below >

A. Rollback the Driver
    Click Properties > Go to Driver tab > If there is a rollback option, click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website
    Go to the website of the driver's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart your computer

3. Run Built-in & Guided Walkthrough Windows Update troubleshooter
    Built-in : Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Click Windows Update > Click Run the Troubleshooter

4. I would recommend that you perform a Windows 10 repair upgrade. Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications, and settings. (You will not lose any data while the backup is a good idea)

Let me know if any one of these worked for you.

Best,
    Bruno J.