DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 7 boot screen changes.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Windows 7 boot screen changes.

Windows 7 695x boot screen has been revealed ! The latest sign of changes for Windows 7 signals a departure from the Vista boot up screen. Microsoft kept the boot screen simple with Vista after asking BIOS makers, PC makers, and video card makers to remove product advertisement screens at system boot.

<embed src="http://images.video.msn.com/flash/soapbox1_1.swf" width="432" height="364" id="s8hc1lkt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="c=v&v=0a08a1c1-888b-4c33-8ef3-4b75c55a8bc7&ifs=true&fr=shared&mkt=en-US"></embed><noembed><a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:0a08a1c1-888b-4c33-8ef3-4b75c55a8bc7&showPlaylist=true&from=shared" target="_new" title="Windows 7 Build 695x Boot Screen">Video: Windows 7 Build 695x Boot Screen</a></noembed>

Microsoft created a simple boot method which it claimed took 6 seconds off initial boot compared to the more graphical boot that it had originally planned with the Longhorn betas. Source : Neowin.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

I think it might look better in real, as the glow from the orb made it indecipherable. But i liked the pre-beta boot up, why spend additional resources to display the video when you can use all the available resources to boot up.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Yes,looks good.But, I was happy with the old one

iMav is offline Gold Member

I'm disappointed by the time this demo machine is taking to boot. It's a 22sec video.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ Even I noticed that.

Mikey is offline Beginner

Personally I like the four colored orbs come together to form the windows flag and the fact that it is a glowing flag. Also, remember, this is still and early stage release. There will be many other releases and changes before Windows 7 will be ready to go RTM.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Looking awesome !!!...surprised 22 secs ( Is it DELL or DULL)