DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Build 7004 screenshots.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Windows 7 Build 7004 screenshots.

Scott Wylie, Microsoft's New Zealand Director of Development and Platform Strategy, revealed a Windows 7 build 7004 screen shot on his blog yesterday.

Build 7000 is due to be beta 1, build 7004 is the next branch that starts for the RC/RTM phase. From the small screen shot you can tell that the folder icons on the desktop are coloured blue like Live Mesh folders and have a glass tint across them. As the screen shot is so small it's hard to tell whether any elements have truly changed visually. We expect the blue coloured folders are simply Live Mesh synced folders rather than newly coloured folders.

Microsoft is expected to announce the Windows 7 Beta 1 on 7th January 2009 at Steve Ballmer's CES keynote.

Via Neowin.

Its wallpaper appears to have changed a bit !

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Very unexiting. And I would hate this taskbar all cluttered up. I hope you can hide those quick launch items behind the chevrons.

phoenix_abhi is offline Windows Enthusiast

UI of Win 7 is look like some Linux Distro. The only difference is Super Bar. Rest of the other concepts are either from Linux distros or Mac. Even superbar is a mimic of some docks. I hope Win 7 will not be an another eye candy from MS.

kapblp is offline New Member

Unless it changes drastically from the PDC version it is a minor change from WinVista as far as visuals. The greatest thing is that it is leaner and meaner, something we can all agree is better.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

The person who revealed the screen shot has opened too many applications,so the taskbar looks bit clutter. Personally I don't like the idea of placing search box in taskbar like in the above image.Btw,the folder icons looks cool with new color after a long time.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

After playing with build 6801 and it feeling so awesome, and he says that this build is much better.... I'm really looking forward to the RTM of Windows 7. From my experiences, Windows 7 is a LOT more than just eye candy. And with the additional eye candy, it runs a lot faster with lesser hardware than Vista does. I am very impressed with it so far, and it still is pre-beta.

As far as the folders being a different color, I believe it is because they are folders connected to MS Mesh (online cloud folders). Regular folders are the same color as they are in Vista.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

What happens when you have 2 or more (say) word documents open ? One would see just the word icons on the tab !

Anybode lays its hand on this new wall, post it here

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Live Mesh is running in the taskbar, and so they definitely must be Live Mesh folders only!

Also, i don't like to clutter my taskbar with the extra toolbars. They should have rather ported the address bar to a gadget!

phoenix_abhi is offline Windows Enthusiast

Obviously Windows 7 will have to be low in system resources and work on old Hardware. We have 1000+ computers which are either running on XP or UPGRADED to INTREPID. Vista is a strict NO NO in my Office due to Hardware requirements, sluggish performance and bulky, unnecessary Apps. They are Happy with XP and Ubuntu. Vista is a skip. I am running Vista and as soon as Win 7 releases I will upgrade. Vista have a lot of problem with my Bluetooth(local made) and Web cam (Intex)

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I am somewhat amazed about the reports that W7 should run faster than Vista. Yesterday I read an extensive report about a performance test that was done by the biggest German computer mag. They found that W7 was no faster than Vista in all categories EXCEPT for IE8 that was twice as fast as IE7. Here are the results of their benchmarks:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast