Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to download Windows 7 with Firefox

skidmark is offline Windows Enthusiast

I'm with seti here. Using firefox and my live ID at the win7 site went flawless. I did see alot of reports elsewhere that it couldn't be done w/ FF. It may be noted however, my first attempts on firefox using a direct link from lifehacker started up ok then would terminate at around 25%. Not sure as to this issue.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I'm with seti here. Using firefox and my live ID at the win7 site went flawless. I did see alot of reports elsewhere that it couldn't be done w/ FF. It may be noted however, my first attempts on firefox using a direct link from lifehacker started up ok then would terminate at around 25%. Not sure as to this issue.
    Thanks mate I begining to think I'd gone mad I'm glad you did it as well as me going to the Win 7 site, I think that is the only way to do it because it takes you onto the right place to get the download. I wonder if it is because others aren't doing that, that is causing the problem...perhaps tweakwindows would know (he usually has an answer when he's around)

Giz
    Giz is offline Beginner

Reading hackerman1's origonal post, doesn't he mean that it was the University network restriction on ActiveX and Java that was stopping him downloading Windows 7 with FireFox. Not a problem with FireFox itself

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Giz View Post
    Reading hackerman1's origonal post, doesn't he mean that it was the University network restriction on ActiveX and Java that was stopping him downloading Windows 7 with FireFox. Not a problem with FireFox itself
    Good thought Giz

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

no, i could not download using IE6 because of system restrictions.
    with firefox i could not get to the last page where the download was started.
    btw. does firefox use activeX ?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    hi !

no, i could not download using IE6 because of system restrictions.
    with firefox i could not get to the last page where the download was started.
    btw. does firefox use activeX ?
    No Firefox does not support Active X. One Question why are still on IE6 you should be on IE7 if not gone to IE8. Having said that did you get 7 down and installed ok

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

seti:
    "No Firefox does not support Active X"
    yes, thatīs why i thought it was obvious that i ment IE...

if you read my second post in this thread:
    "...i have some system restrictions on this computer here at my university, regarding ActiveX and Java, and those system restrictions also means that i cannot upgrade my browser to IE7 /IE8..."

itīs not MY computer...

here at the university itīs IE6 on XP.

use IE7 / IE8 ?

why ?

iīm using Opera and Firefox at the university and at home Opera (on Vista)...
    Last edited by hackerman1; 6th February 2009 at 18:52.

seti is offline Member

Ok I can only give my thoughts nothing more. I've had no problems with downloading from Firefox. I don't know about Opera because I've never use it, and IE6... well I've not used that since XP SP1 and since you have restrictions at Uni then why not download at home? I repeat that all I can do is give my thoughts. I've had no problems with IE7 or IE8 or with Firefox regarding downloads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12