Thread: Shutdown Options Gadget not working in Win7, Why??

SoLoGHoST is offline New Member

Exclamation Shutdown Options Gadget not working in Win7, Why??

As a gadget developer, creator of the "Advanced Control System" Gadget which makes for easier access to Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate, Logoff, Switch User, Lock, C-Prompt, Run..., & Task Manager system actions, my gadget doesn't seem to perform any of the Shutdown Options in Windows 7 (Shutdown, Restart, Switch Users, Logoff, Lock, Sleep, and Hibernate). And well, I'm quite interested in knowing why? What has changed in coding for the Windows 7 in this aspect?? How come the following shutdown code is not working anymore??

System.Shell.execute('shutdown', '-s -f -t 01');

and what about Locking the Workstation with:

System.Shell.execute('rundll32.exe', 'user32.dll,LockWorkStation');

I have made the Sleep/Switch User commands dependant on a C# Application which makes great use of .NET Technology. Sleep, which uses the SetSuspendState() function, although, these applications also fail to perform their expected tasks.

Can anyone point me to more information on this?

Thank You!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Advanced Control System is a cool Vista gadget.

While this is not my area of expertise, I am hoping someone will be able to help you in a day or two

Edit : Link corrected.

Default Thank You...

Thank You for your comment on My Gadget and Link. Very nice of you. Here's a link to the newest version @ THL: Advanced Control System 1.2.7

I can't seem to find anything on this in the Beta SDK that was released for Windows 7 @: Download details: Microsoft Windows 7 SDK: BETA

Please Help Somebody...

Default ACS Buttons Working...

Ok, Just troubleshooted it more, and found out that the codes for the Shutdown options are working. It is somehow related to the Confirm Button Actions. If you disable the "Confirm Button Actions" option in the Options/General Tab, all seems to work fine. Will have to look into this more. Any ideas from people would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thumbs up Problem Fixed...

Ok, thanks, however, I found the problem. UTF-8 Reference in confirmFlyout.html (1st line), removing this fixes all problems!! Seems that Windows 7 has changed the way they handle UTF-8 files. I suppose it could be looking for an en-US directory, and other like directories, and if not found, raises an error of some sort, or perhaps stops all scripts from running in the html file. This doesn't cause a problem in Vista, or XP, however definately something has changed concerning UTF-8 files.

Thanks for your help anyways on this

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for keep us updated. Hope this helps someone, sometime in future