DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 7 - Beta or RC1?

seti is offline Member

Default Windows 7 - Beta or RC1?

I can't help but wonder if it really is worth downloading and installing the beta of 7Firstly I don't really know how to burn an ISO and if I don't have a dvd can I put it on to cds and if I am honest I wonder what happens if it causes programmes not to work, will I be able to get my system back. When Vista was coming out I got from microsoft the RC1 dvd which was ultimate in all but name, so is it worth while waiting for that if microsoft is going to do the same. I know that that there are many of you that can help here and I'd be very interested to hear what you say

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

To be frank, Windows 7 is very useful and stable in the BETA stage itself. You will find it very fast and friendly if you are using Vista.

I suggest you download some free burning programs from the "6 Free alternatives to Nero" list and then burn the ISO file. If you don't know, burning an ISO file is just like burning a normal CD or DVD.

Finally, don't use the upgrade option. Install it on a separate drive. Installation procedure is very similar to Vista.

You can also read my "10 things to remember before installing Windows 7 " guide to get some info.

Just download and install, we are always here to help you
    Last edited by tweakwindows; 13th January 2009 at 16:14.

seti is offline Member

Thanks tweak, if I don't have spare dvd can I do it onto a cds? or does it all have to go on one disk

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Iso Recorder is a very simple .iso burner. Just download the one appropriate to your windows version.

ISO Recorder v 2

Thanks tweak, if I don't have spare dvd can I do it onto a cds? or does it all have to go on one disk
    You can't burn DVD ISO on CD. ISO size is around 2.5 GB. So you need to burn it on DVD.

seti is offline Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    You can't burn DVD ISO on CD. ISO size is around 2.5 GB. So you need to burn it on DVD.
    Thanks for that I'll see if my son has one to spare me and perhaps evern ask him to do it for me

^ You are welcome. Make sure that you use at least 20 GB free drive, though Microsoft recommends 16 GB it's always better to be future proof.