View Poll Results: When will Microsoft release Windows 7 ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before Nov 2009

4 21.05%
  • Nov 2009

2 10.53%
  • Dec 2009

4 21.05%
  • Jan 2010

4 21.05%
  • After Jan 2010

5 26.32%

Thread: When will Microsoft release Windows 7 ?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Question When will Microsoft release Windows 7 ?

Microsoft continues to maintain that Windows 7 will be launched after around 3 years of general availability of Windows Vista, ie around January 2010. However, some expect Windows 7 to debut in November 2009, just in time for the festive season.

What do you think ?

When will Microsoft debut Windows 7 (GA) ?
    (General availability (GA) is the point where all necessary commercialization activities have been completed and the software has been made available to the general market either via the web or physical media.)

Why ?

Will they be rushed into ... or will they choose to play safe this time, and release it only when the company feels that it meets the quality bar for release.

Microsoft would not like to rush into 'it' ... again ! But I do feel that it would want to try and cash on to the festive spending mood and hence release it some time in Nov 2009.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I think the final release would be in 2010 as Microsoft won't take back their word "Three years after the launch of Windows Vista".

For instance, there were rumors that Windows 7 BETA will be available by December (festive season) but Microsoft have done what they did tell.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

i think its in dec 2009 as the graphic card companies are releasing directx 11 when windows 7 arrives.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

I'm thinking Dec. 2009, based on how slick the first Beta is.

seti is offline Member

I think they might just hit the Xmas market or given the state of things earlier to generate business. After that and they could miss out because things are predicted to get very bad next year with many IT jobs going

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Its not the release date that bugs me but the price at release I want to upgrade to 7 from vista via download if possible. I heard there maybe discounts for people running OEM versions of Vista, this would be nice. I cant wait to run the final release on my computer. Roll on 2010.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I think they want to get out of the Vista bind asap. For good or bad reason, their big commercial customers are not bying right now and with the furious success of the W7 Beta, they will be even under more pressure to release it. None of the big corporations will be talked into Vista - and that is their big volume business.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

I think, Windows 7 will come after Jan 2010 for public. and I would like to say....MS should take their time to announce final product until they meet the quality bar for Windows 7.

Good luck MS ! Your're the champ,i like the Win7.