Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to burn Windows 7 .iso download?

seti is offline Member

Default How to burn Windows 7 .iso download?

Hi everyone, I'm sure someone will have the answer. I download the Iso for windows 7 and burn it using Imgburn because it wouldnot open unless I did. Then I went to tweakwinds excellent guide on installing (I highly recommend this before you do anything, particulalry if you are not sure what you are doing like me) so everything was right. I found out how to partition the disk and was ready to start. I put the dvd in the drive and got the windows 7 thingy and install so I pressed to enter and got "can install the following file is missing install.wim" What have I done wrong folks and is there any way I can recover this. I only used the officical site for the down load. very very

dmudgal is offline Windows Enthusiast

i think there may be some problem with the dvd u burned. try to check the dvd on another system. Also try to install windows from that iso by mounting it through some image mounting softwares like Daemon tools.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Mount the image using Daemon tools or ALcohol 120 % and try..

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

^ I am getting confused a bit. Which method are you exactly using? I hope you are using normal DVD install method. First of all, you get that error only when the file is missing. Please try to install using VPC (Virtual PC method) once as I know how pain it is to download the whole ISO file again.

One more thing is, try to burn the ISO file at very slow speed, say at 4X.

Also you can read this informative guide at TechNet: Install Windows Vista With Minimal Errors - A Guide To Avoid Most Setup
    Last edited by tweakwindows; 16th January 2009 at 12:09.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    ^ I am getting confused a bit. Which method are you exactly using? I hope you are using normal DVD install method. First of all, you get that error only when the file is missing. Please try to install using VPC (Virtual PC method) once as I know how pain it is to download the whole ISO file again.

One more thing is, try to burn the ISO file at very slow speed, say at 4X.

Also you can read this informative guide at TechNet: Install Windows Vista With Minimal Errors - A Guide To Avoid Most Setup
    I am using the normal dvd install method as I said I followed your guide carefully. I have tried to load the disk in Vista and get this message D:\SPWINZENG.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error try installing again using the original media. And when I try loading it through set-up I get the other message. As far as I can tell the disk has written correct it is just not wanting to open correctly

Looks like ISO file is corrupt as you are getting many errors. If you have a good broadband connection, please download again. But before that just give a try to VPC method.

dmudgal is offline Windows Enthusiast

i'll suggest u to try the iso on some other machine before downloading it again.....bcoz there is a chance of 1 in a milion of getting a corrupt download.

seti is offline Member

I'm going to try and download again as I have a 64 bit pc and am going to try doing so through IE rather than firefox in case that was the problem and I am going ensure that my pc is completely clean of crap before I do so. Thanks all for your help I 'll let you know how I get on

Good luck with the 64-bit Widnows 7. You should have tried the VPC method.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    Good luck with the 64-bit Widnows 7. You should have tried the VPC method.
    It must have been the disk because I downloaded and did another one and it has worked, now all I am going to do is go across to your site and find out how to partition because I'm sure you'll have the info there amd then have fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast