Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 why be afraid, beginners installation guide for the non tech

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

Thanks a lot iMav and all for help

seti is offline Member

Hi Jay
    i have been looking for you. In Vista you will see both partitions, the one with Vista on it and one called New Volume with a letter in my case it is E. But when you to 7 you'll only see the new Volume which is now shown as New Volume C. I think this is where you are getting confused into thinking that both are C; the original C before you partitioned your drive. As Andy told you earlier treat both as seperate systems or pretend you have two pcs on one you have Vista and on the other 7. If you do this you will hopefully not get confused.

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

Thanks again Seti ..I installed at last successfully..

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thanks again Seti ..I installed at last successfully..
    Really glad that you did Jay. Remember the forum is always here to help and someone is bound to know the answer and I am know that is true from experience here

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

Just one more question in startup programs shows ( I use Tuneup utillities) wmssetup and ehssetup.I installed win 7 before too but i never seen those two..

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Just one more question in startup programs shows ( I use Tuneup utillities) wmssetup and ehssetup.I installed win 7 before too but i never seen those two..
    ehssetup is a Torrent file, wmssetup is a Windows file, Windows Media Player, I believe. Have you setup WMP by running it for the first time yet?

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

But how comes torrent file in startup(and Publisher is microsoft)?? i can remove this from startup or from where i can remove this ?
    and i didnt touch yet windows media player ..what should i do about this?
    Last edited by Jay; 24th January 2009 at 00:39.

Do you have any Torrent software installed? I could very well be wrong about it's source; I got the info from a Google search.
    UPDATE: On further investigation, it seems it may be related to Windows Media Center.

As for WMP, when you run it for the first time, it prompts you to make choices as to what type of files you want to associate with it, etc. You can choose 'Custom' or 'Express' setup. WMP will likely add an icon to the Taskbar as well. I'm assuming that once you do all this wmssetup will disappear from startup. If it does not, please post back and I will look into it further.
    Last edited by James; 24th January 2009 at 01:36. Reason: Added new info

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

Now i setup WMP but it still thr or i can uncheck them from startup..is it safe??

Another thing in msconfig startup dont have wmssetup and ehssetup
    but in tuneup utilities and Ccleaner shows them...

I'm sure you can un-check them safely. Now, in msconfig, are you looking under 'Services' or 'Startup'? I am not familiar with the other tools you are using, so I can't help you out there, sorry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast