Thread: WMP 12 and Media Centre in Windows 7 Beta

PC_Head is offline Beginner

Default WMP 12 and Media Centre in Windows 7 Beta

For some unknown reason i have no visulizations in WMP 12 with the new Windows 7 Beta. Nowhere can i find a button for visuliztion. Where do i find that button? Does it have one? Also, i copied all of my media files into the media libuary and then deleted them, (but not from the HDD, only from the libuary) now there is no Add Media to Libuary button. Its gone! Surely Microsoft didnt overlook something as simple as this. I read somewhere that you can only do this once at the start up of WMP 12, if this is so, thats a bloody joke! Not even Media Centre will Add Media to Libuary. Has anyone else had issues like this? and if so, how did you fix them?

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Windows 7 has a unified media library solution. To make sure a folder is indexed for the library, you will have to add that folder to the Music Library in the Libraries.
    You could either add folders to your library via the Library Explorer which can be accessed from the start menu or from the Organize > Maintain Libraries option in WMP.

As for visualization, they are available in the now playing view which can be accessed from the bottom right corner of WMP.

Quote Originally Posted by alsiladka View Post
    Windows 7 has a unified media library solution. To make sure a folder is indexed for the library, you will have to add that folder to the Music Library in the Libraries.
    You could either add folders to your library via the Library Explorer which can be accessed from the start menu or from the Organize > Maintain Libraries option in WMP.

As for visualization, they are available in the now playing view which can be accessed from the bottom right corner of WMP.
    Thanks for the reply but it is still not working. Ive told WMP where my music is and is wont add them from that place. Ive made HDD 'J", which is the location of my music files, the default for 'Music' and still no luck. Im not sure what i am doing wrong. This is what i did: first i go to the start menu, click on 'Music' and it shows All the locations of my music. Any folder or location with the word 'Music' in it will show. Second i go to WMP and click on 'Library', double click 'Music' then double click 'All Music' and it says its empty. I know my music is where it is because i can play them via Winamp from that location. Third, when i right click 'Music' on the left hand side of WMP and click on 'Manage Music Libraries', the default saved location is where i put it, HDD 'J'. Other then what i have done, im totaly lost!! Any more suggestions please would be a great help. Thanx.

P.S. Thanx for the tip on Visulization. It works now. What a mess around but ay.
    Last edited by PC_Head; 25th January 2009 at 13:42.

Since this might be a problem many users might be facing, i have created a new thread for the fix.

Check the solution over here - http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...tml#post126231

Once again, thank you for the reply but as im new to Windows 7, as we all are but also new to the PC world, im having a lot of trouble finding %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. I do understand that %Userprofile% is my user name but where do i paste it to? Another forum says to paste it to the 'explorer window' and i dont even know where that or what it is. Im sure the tip will help if i could just get to the next step. Thanking you in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by PC_Head View Post
    Once again, thank you for the reply but as im new to Windows 7, as we all are but also new to the PC world, im having a lot of trouble finding %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. I do understand that %Userprofile% is my user name but where do i paste it to? Another forum says to paste it to the 'explorer window' and i dont even know where that or what it is. Im sure the tip will help if i could just get to the next step. Thanking you in advanced.
    Which another forum? I just complied this fix of my own experience and posted it on one other forum.

You could paste the address either in the start menu search box or the Run dialogue or the address bar of the explorer.

Thanks again. I have tried everything you have suggested and still, no luck. Im the only one who uses this PC and im the Administrator with all the rights but still it wont let me accsess my own profile. I have tried the Run command, the search box in the start up menu, the explorer window (now i know where it is) and still nothing. Something has gone wrong! When i try to accsess %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player it comes up with an error 'Windows can not find %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player Please cheek the spelling and try again.

Ok. Just tried something and it worked. You need to put (well i did) C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Med ia Player. So C:\Users at the start of it, and it worked. That was the issue. Now i have All my music files and folders in WMP 12. Thanks for your help. You have been like a teacher. Thanx. Peace