Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Get the Windows 7 Build 7025 Quick Launch Bar in Windows 7 Build 7000.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Lightbulb How to Get the Windows 7 Build 7025 Quick Launch Bar in Windows 7 Build 7000.

Most of us are using Windows 7 Build 7000. Windows 7 Build 7025 is however visible on the internet. This new build shows the Quick Launch toolbar in the same place where Vista had it.

You can however get this toolbar in Build 7000 too.

Right click the taskbar > Toolbars > Click New Toolbar.

In the space Folder, where the cursor is blinking, copy-paste

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

into this Folder field.

Unlock taskbar.

Rt click and customize. ie View > Disable Show Text / Show Title/ Select Large icons.

Now drag the quick launch bar to the rt of the Pinned items bar or vice versa.

Lock taskbar.

seti is offline Member

Thanks Andy have done it

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

I simply do not understand, why the hell would people want the Quick Launch toolbar, when you have the new taskbar providing enhanced functionality while serving as an application launcher too!

dmudgal is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by alsiladka View Post
    I simply do not understand, why the hell would people want the Quick Launch toolbar, when you have the new taskbar providing enhanced functionality while serving as an application launcher too!
    I agree coz now the taskbar in win 7 provides much better options

*May be somebody wud like the old vista touch

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I also have grown to like the way build 7000 has it as default. Build 7025 basically just changed the default setting didn't it?

iMav is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by alsiladka View Post
    People take their time to change the way they use something, adding Quick launch will only help in the transition.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Options...options...options

When people have one thing, they want the option to do the other. And when people have the other, they want the option to do the first ! Why ? Maybe simply because its there ...

kapblp is offline New Member

This is a neet trick. Now one I'd like to read about is how to get build 7025 legally without viruses or such? Got one of those? <w>

mintywhite is offline Banned

I like the new Windows 7 way of doing things, but I've found myself going back to the Windows Vista style of Windows management.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Restore the Quick Launch Toolbar in 7

If you're unhappy with the new taskbar, even after shrinking it, then it only takes a moment to restore the old Quick Launch Toolbar.

Right-click the taskbar, choose Toolbars > New Toolbar, type "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Inter net Explorer\Quick Launch" (without the quotes) into the Folder box and click Select Folder.

Now right-click the taskbar, clear 'Lock the taskbar', and you should see the Quick Launch toolbar, probably to the right. Right-click its divider, clear Show Text and Show Title to minimise the space it takes up. Complete the job by right-clicking the bar and selecting View > Small Icons for the true retro look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast