DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues arises after upgrading Window7

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Exclamation Issues arises after upgrading Window7

after upgrading to W7 build 7068 from build 7057, though the upgradation process runs smoothly and completed in 1 and half hrs but i am facing some of the following serious issues,
    the eset security suites firewall management stops, showing it was happened due to unknown reason.

the upgrade process adds another link of IE at its default location but did not update the exsisting one i.e. on the other location....

dont know what happened, i am unable use internet in W7, as it successfully connects to internet but apps was not able to use connection, like IE, FF are not able to open webpages, live n yahoo messengers are also not able to connect....

any suggestions for the problem??, currently using windows vista for accessing internet, will notify more issues if arise...
    Last edited by nitinagarwal1988; 7th April 2009 at 19:38.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I would uninstall Eset and get one of the free W7 security suites (Norton, Kaspersky, etc.)

i think i have to roll back to the old version of eset, this 4th version have various problems related to services management, i am using the older version of eset on my vista and it runs smoothly without any issues....
    Last edited by nitinagarwal1988; 7th April 2009 at 20:37.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Remember, the W7 builds are work-in-progress and Microsoft has advised all to stick with the publicly released 7000.

One other related caution is INSTALL ONLY OFFICIALLY RELEASED BUILDS FROM MICROSOFT. It will always be tempting to get the build with the “mod” already done but you really never know what else has been done to the build. There’s a thrill in getting the latest, we know, but that also comes with risks that can’t even be quantified. For the RC we will work to release a hash or some other way to validate the build, but the best way is to always download directly from Microsoft.

thanks sir for telling, i am a tester and like to face new error and problems, helps us to find more and more solutions.....

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I try to state with the latest build (currently 7068). However I would suggest that you backup data and do a clean install each time you upgrade. The actual install of W7 only takes about 15 minutes.

I am usually up and running with everything back to the way it was in about 3 hours. The extra time is worth it to avoid the types of problems you are experiencing.

I have all my app disk's copied to an external HD for re-installs. This makes it faster that changing out cd's and dvd's all the time. It also makes it easy to know what needs to be re-installed.

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    thanks sir for telling, i am a tester and like to face new error and problems, helps us to find more and more solutions.....

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

I always run it on Virtual PC 07 .. safe and sound i too have the 7068 build bt havent tested it ..

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Running W7 in a virtual partition is a good idea (and the fastest install directly from the ISO). A little while ago, I had posted this tutorial on how to do it: http://www.winvistaclub.com/forum/wi...partition.html
    Last edited by whs; 9th April 2009 at 15:25.

just finish the downloading of W7 build 7077, i'll give a fresh install to this build.....anyone use this build here?

rkonit is offline Gold Member

I did upgrade installation Windows 7 Build 7077 over build 7068.
    I just disabled ESET AV for a while and completed installation...Everything is working fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast