DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Conflict between W7 Build 7068 and Snagit 9

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Conflict between W7 Build 7068 and Snagit 9

I won a Snagit 9 license in the recent contest and upgraded immediately.

Right after installing it I started getting all kinds of "Windows Explorer has stopped working" crashes.

It happened most often when using explorer in situations where I was choosing a save file location, or choosing a file location that I wanted to upload to email ect.

It also happened every time I used the save as function in the Snagit Image Editor.

For now I have uninstalled Snagit and everything is back to normal but I really like Snagit.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix the conflict?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Am using it on Win7 with no problems whatsoever.
    Try installing it/using it in the Windows Vista compatbility mode and see if Troubleshoot Program Compatibility issues in Windows 7 | Windows 7 Tips, Features, Downloads, Security, News & More. helps you.

Nice avatar btw

I'll try that. What build are you using?

I made the avatar this morning cause I was bored.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Am using it on Win7 with no problems whatsoever.
    Try installing it/using it in the Windows Vista compatbility mode and see if Troubleshoot Program Compatibility issues in Windows 7 | Windows 7 Tips, Features, Downloads, Security, News & More. helps you.

Nice avatar btw

Default It was MS Office Groove Monitor

For everyone.

If you Google "Windows Explorer has stopped working" you will find link after link of folks having this loop crash problem.

A lot of post indicate it is a virus, but many, many people have the issue out of the box on new Vista machines. I had the problem after a clean install of everything.

I dug deeper and found the issue almost always turns out to be a conflict between Windows and another program, and it is usually a startup background program causing it.

In my case it was not Snagit. It turned out to be MS office 2007 Groove Monitor. I unchecked it in MSCONFIG during setup but when I went back to investigate my issue, I found that it regenerates itself and starts anyway.

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove it from the startup list as opposed to un-checking it.

This solved the problem.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

its good, you come to know, who is created the real problem, with snagit i do not even faced a single compatibility related issues, and you must have to check if MS Office groove monitor creates such problems, give a MS Office repair and check again whether the problem persists or not.....