DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Release Candidate Is Available From Microsoft

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Thumbs up Windows 7 Release Candidate Is Available From Microsoft

Release Candidate (RC) of the highly anticipated Windows 7 operating system, now available for download to MSDN and TechNet subscribers at http://technet.microsoft.com. Note that Windows 7 RC will be available to public on May 5th.

Features:

Remote Media Streaming:
    Enables highly secure, remote Internet access to home-based digital media libraries from another Windows 7-based PC outside the home.

Windows XP Mode Utilizing Windows Virtual PC, Windows XP Mode allows Windows 7 users to run many Windows XP productivity applications, launched right from the Windows 7 desktop. Windows XP Mode will be available to Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate customers via download or, for the best experience, pre-installed directly on new PCs. As part of today’s announcement, Microsoft is releasing the beta of Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC. For larger businesses where management is important to reduce the total cost of ownership, Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) within MDOP adds management to Windows Virtual PC including centralized policy, administration experience and deployment.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor: To help enable a smooth transition, Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor will help people analyze their PCs in preparation for a Windows 7 upgrade. Available soon, Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor will be a downloadable tool that will help people determine their ability to upgrade from their Windows XP-based or Windows Vista-based PC to Windows 7.

In addition, a number of enhancements were made to existing features based on feedback from beta testers, including the following:

Refined navigation: Several enhancements to the Windows taskbar, JumpLists and search make navigation and finding exactly what you want much easier.

Internet Explorer 8: InPrivate browsing in Internet Explorer 8 prevents browsing history, temporary Internet files, form data, cookies, and usernames and passwords from being retained by the browser. With Windows 7, you can start an InPrivate session straight from the JumpList. You can also open a new tab from the JumpList.

Windows Touch: Controlling the computer by touching a touch-enabled screen or monitor is a core Windows 7 user experience. Improvements in the RC include several Windows Touch updates, including the ability to drag, drop and select items with touch, even inside Web sites that scroll both horizontally and vertically.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

The download was still grayed out. Is that only my problem or is it not there yet.

pyu.agrawal is offline Senior Member

Its available @ TechNet . I'm downloading it.

seti is offline Member

Might as well wait until then when it goes public to see it. As by then others here willhave had it and given advice

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

i've finished the RC installation today!! it was available on 27th @ MS Connect website.

Roddaz is offline Beginner

Hi I'm downloading the RC public version and I was wondering how can I use it as a dual boot? or how to get it to?
    Thank You In Advance

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

You can easily dual boot Windows 7 with Vista and XP. Just install it on another partition. If you want you can read my install Windows 7 in dual boot with vista guide.

If you have already installed Vista OR XP, just install Windows 7 normally. That's it.

Roddaz is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    You can easily dual boot Windows 7 with Vista and XP. Just install it on another partition. If you want you can read my install Windows 7 in dual boot with vista guide.

If you have already installed Vista OR XP, just install Windows 7 normally. That's it.
    Thank You Great Help As Always.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

from the beta release to till now i've always used the W7 in dual boot. till W7 finally release, Vista is mine main n default OS.

BarcodeNut is offline New Member

Tested our company apps and they all work just fine. No issues so far. Looks like a good upgrade path from XP, skipping Vista. Now if I can get them to upgrade Office XP to a more current version...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast