DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 RC1 Issues Thread

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Windows 7 RC1 Issues Thread

With RC1 now available to beta testers, TechNet and MSDN subcribers and general public release slated for May 5th, I thought it might be a good idea to keep RC1 issues in one place for now.

My RC1 issue:
    I have just clean installed RC1 and all works great on my Dell 6400 laptop, but I cannot get the touchpad scrolling to function even after installing the Dell drivers. I removed them and tried the drivers from Synaptic. They installed fine, but the scrolling feature still does not work, which is annoying. It worked under previous builds with the Dell drivers. Hopefully Dell will provide updated drivers soon.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

this is good idea james, i'll report issues if i come to know any, currently working on Vista, i've installed RC today, will explore it later tonite...

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Thankfully, I solved my touchpad scroll issue by updating the drivers directly through Device Manager. The Dell driver install program did not have success, even though it claimed to have updated the drivers.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

That's cool...All Windows 7 RC issues and bugs can be discussed here.

or You can give your feedback to Microsoft too. How to report bugs on Windows 7 RC

Dukesdad is offline Beginner

I think I should have stayed with the Beta.
    Acer Aspire 8930g, 4 months old.
    Did an upgrade install of the beta when it first came out, everything went fine, everything worked. Fingerprint reader, Acer Arcade (Acer's version of media center.) All the Acer "goodies" worked.
    Went back to factory setup yesterday, Vista home premium, 64 bit.
    Uninstalled all the crapware etc and had everything working fine. Updated all the drivers.
    Did an upgrade install this morning, got to the last step and stalled at where it installs devices and sets up computer? Waited over an hour, then shut it down.
    Started over and it worked fine, or so I thought. Took about half an hour.
    fingerprint reader doesn't load until after I log in. Defeats the purpose.
    Tried playing a video in Acer Arcade, BSOD. Twice.
    Windows Update had 2 optional updates available. One was for my Nvidia 9600m GT video card. Wouldn't install. Error code I couldn't find on Microsoft or Tech net.
    I am sure I'll find a way around these problems, but the beta worked right out of the box.
    Windows 7 IS supposed to work out of the box, but doesn"t.

Dukesdad is offline Beginner

I think I got the Nvidia driver sorted out.
    I think the problem was the Vista driver was newer than the Win7 prerelease driver.
    I rolled back the driver to an earlier version and Windows update then installed the Win7 prerelease driver, dated Feb 28 I think.
    However, Nvidia released a new driver for Win7 last week.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Norton anti-virus 2009 has issues. The Advanced Protection. (Auto-Protect loads into memory when Windows starts, providing constant protection while you work. Auto-Protect checks for security risks every time that you use software programs on your computer, insert removable media, access the Internet, or use document files. It also monitors your computer for any unusual symptoms that may indicate an active threat.) This will not remain on for longer than 2 mins, something to do with a driver??? However I removed Windows 7 32bit and will be doing a clean install of Windows 7 64bit with a free anti-virus.

Any suggestions on one that is known to work with Win7 64bit would be much appreciated. JR
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 6th May 2009 at 03:53.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

I use Norton Anti Virus Gamers Edition 2009 with Windows 7 x64 edition. No problems whatsoever.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Thanks alsiladka you are right using 64bit seems to let Norton work fine. Thanks for the suggestion... JR
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 7th May 2009 at 23:04.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

lol...i was wondering that somedays ago i download the latest version of graphics driver from Intel's website for my board but when i've tried to install it on W7, a warning message appears showing that the driver you are going to install is of older version than the currently installed one. and the difference in the build numbers is not small and that is to like, which i download from intel's website have version no. something 1567 and the default build version comes with windows 7 is 1662.....whats the matter so much old driver releases are available at website of intel??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast