DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 7 uninstall

dmslive is offline New Member

Default Windows 7 uninstall

Hi. I.m new here. I really love win7 RC1 but in this form allot of apps don't recognize this OS yet so how can I get back to my vista home premium?

thanks for any help

dave

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Hi Dave, and welcome!
    Your best (and pretty much only) option is to format the drive and reinstall Vista from scratch using your Vista disc. There is no uninstall option to revert back to Vista.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Dave:

Could you share what apps do not work for you. A lot of folks here are running W7 RC1 without issues.

dmslive is offline New Member

Default win7 uninstall

Hi Randy, sorry James. I'm new to forums and am not up on proper procedure.

My hp pavillion m8430f came with vista, upgraded to win7 RC1 now my ISP security suite won't recognize this beta OS and neither will my hp c7250 all-in-one and other downloads I try don't recognizeRC1. I've had a few viruses from lack of compatable security, can't print or scan to file etc.
    I really love the new OS, should I hold out Till Oct. release and pay for upgrade or revert back to Vista?

Thanks, from a newbie,

Dave

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Anything that works on Vista should work on W7 too. You can also try Troubleshoot Program Compatibility issues in Windows 7

Or else you can always follow James' advice on how to remove W7. If its your work computer, maybe you want to stick with Vista and upgrade to W7 when its final is available.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

welll u can run the program thru compatibility mode and try out ..

roraniel is offline Gold Member

@dmslive:

Did you use the upgrade option that saved all your installed apps and files or do a clean install of W7? Using the upgrade option with past Windows versions historically causes issues so I always do a fresh install.

I have been on W7 since Beta build 7100 and have had VERY few compatibility issues. The issues I did have seem to get fixed with every new build.

If you are facing a fresh install of Vista I would at least try a fresh install of W7 first. It only takes about 15 minutes to install it. Installing all your apps will take some time but try the ones you are having issues with first to see if they work. If they still don't work revert back to a fresh install of Vista. All you will have wasted is about 30 minutes. Also try installing them in compatibility mode.

Obviously backup all you data first. PM me with a email address and I will send you a process I use to quickly backup and install everything.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Hi, dmslive. Here is a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: How to uninstall Windows 7.

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Any success, dmslive?