DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Task manager accurate enough???

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Cool Task manager accurate enough???

Check the below pic. The cpu usage in the task manager and the resource monitor shows different values. Any idea why it is so?

Last edited by nithinr6; 10th August 2009 at 07:42.

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

Are these real-time readings? If they are not, then the programs could be polling CPU usage at different intervals, and there could lie the difference in output readings.

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by estra View Post
    Are these real-time readings? If they are not, then the programs could be polling CPU usage at different intervals, and there could lie the difference in output readings.
    I have just heard that resource monitor shows real time readings but when i checked with memoryal there was a difference in the readings
    Last edited by nithinr6; 10th August 2009 at 08:03.

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

I went to check out that discrepancy myself, and from what I have observed, Resource Monitor does not seem to output realtime data.

The graphs in Resource Monitor look to move at probably the same speed that corresponds to "Normal" update speed in the Windows Task Manager.