DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 for half the US price in in Uk

seti is offline Member

Default Windows 7 for half the US price in in Uk

Windows 7 available for knock-down 65

UK Windows 7 price half that in US

this is the headline in pcadvisor.co.uk and it is about the price for Home Pre. on Amazon.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Are you sure that is not an upgrade version - because they sell that in the US for $49.95 (Home Premium).

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thank you for the info! I am considering ordering it today.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Are you sure that is not an upgrade version - because they sell that in the US for $49.95 (Home Premium).
    No it is not the upgrade version if you read the report it is the full version of it, according to the article.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Windows 7 Home Premium is expected to be around Rs. 5,650/- (or GBP 70 in India)

Wonder why UK merited special treatment.

zigzagzen is offline New Member

Default I think it's still cheap ...

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    There are no upgrade versions going on Sale in Europe currently. The versions being referred to here went on sale as pre-order and were priced at the (equivalent HAHA) price with the US upgrade versions 49 vs $49. (We always get royally messed over pricing here H/W and S/W).

This situation emerged because of the browserless Windows 7E debacle Microsoft were facing ... When they ripped I.E. out they realised they couldn't manufacture a disk that would upgrade ... so they just sold full install licences at the knock down price.

They quickly sold out (1 day in the microsoft store) but some stores still have them at under 50 - John Lewis if you purchase IN STORE ONLY had them until recently at 49.95.

That's $80 for a full install version of Home Premium with both 32 & 64 bit disks .... the upgrade on Amazon US site is currently $119.99 ... the FULL version on the UK Amazon site is 64.98 ... which is $105.91 or $14 less.

Full or upgrade? Customers ordering between 26th June and 23:59:59 GMT on 31st August will receive the full version of Windows 7. Customers ordering between 1st September and 22nd October will receive the upgrade version.To see a list of eligible Windows Vista products, please see below.

2 days to go on Amazon if you want the FULL RETAIL VERSION for less than an upgrade.

ZZZ
    Last edited by zigzagzen; 29th August 2009 at 21:09. Reason: bCos iCan

seti is offline Member

You need to be careful of the exchnage rate which is changing all the time. and this has now ending as it is 30/08/2009 now and approximate 06:38 BST at time of writing

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

So anyone from UK here,
    Gr8 chance to become a dealer

zigzagzen is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    You need to be careful of the exchnage rate which is changing all the time. and this has now ending as it is 30/08/2009 now and approximate 06:38 BST at time of writing
    1) The exchange rate does not vary that much .. remember we are talking FULL vs UPGRADE at a lower price. Also it is the weekend and banks are not trading so exchange rate variations are small.

2) Your calendar and clock are way off.

The offer runs for another 1 day 6 hrs and 54 minutes or so as I write this.

@riteshk yes I'm from the UK .. I have all the copies I need for personal use ordered

ZZZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast