DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: How to make Windows 7 start without asking for password?

McDragon is offline New Member

Thumbs down How to make Windows 7 start without asking for password?

In XP if there was only 1 user on the system, and user used a password, there was a way to tell Windows to start on bootup with asking for the password.

Is there such a feature in Windows 7?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Click Start > Type netplwiz.exe in the Start Menu search box and hit Enter. This will open the User Accounts dialog box. Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply > OK > Reboot.

Maybe there is also a tweak in Ultimate Windows Tweaker v2, a Tweak UI for Windows 7 & Vista | The Windows Club ... dont remember, however!

McDragon is offline New Member

That works. Thanks you.

Tweak UI had that feature, but I was unable to find it in the New Windows Tweaker 2.0

Thanks again.

Is there somewhere where all the different programs and what they do are stored?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Click Start > Type netplwiz.exe in the Start Menu search box and hit Enter. This will open the User Accounts dialog box. Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click Apply > OK > Reboot.

Maybe there is also a tweak in Ultimate Windows Tweaker v2, a Tweak UI for Windows 7 & Vista | The Windows Club ... dont remember, however!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post

I was wondering if this would work, but didn't suggest it in case it didn't. So I am glad that it does.

jimparty is offline New Member

I got it. Thank you very much.
    I will try by myself to operate