DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Problems with upgrading from Vista

seti is offline Member

Default Problems with upgrading from Vista

There are many reports about problems that people are having when upagrading from Vista to Windows 7. Most of the reports say the same thing, that the upgrade almost completes then stops and it goes back to Vista. What the reports do not say is what versions of the upgrades this is happening on, only the anger of those who have this problem. Reading the posts here I have not seena any reports of this problem, so does anyone have it, or have you had it and found the solution?

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

Seti , there are a couple of reasons the upgrade would stop and revert back to Vista :

1.) During the compatibility scan there could be issues with the machine being upgraded , Windows 7 will not upgrade unless all minimum requirements are met , read the results after the compatibility scan.

2.) You leave your antivirus / security scanner on - this one happened to me , you must shut off your antivirus / security software before upgrading or the upgrade will stop and revert back to Vista .

seti is offline Member

@edee I don't have the problem personally, as I am waiting until I can afford 7, I was just highlighting what is being said in the press. Your answers are correct, people do not sometimes prepare correctly. It is just the number of these problems reported can not all be down to inexperience or other things. Thye may be an underlying problem that needs to be resolved.