DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Am I the Jonah of Windows?

Newy is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Am I the Jonah of Windows?

I have made the leap to 7 earlier than I planned to. I dont think my last instaltation of Vista went well and I was starting to get stability issues so I went and got 7 on Sunday afternoon by Monday afternoon....less than 24 hours I have already had a crisis which involved a black screen after boot up...I finally managed to sort after 2 recoveries....

Im really liking it though my only gripe is e mail I knew there wasnt a new one planned but I thought I could still use the vista one....does any one know a workaround to get it working...

Peace....Newy

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Windows Live Mail is a great option, once you get used to it.

But if you are really keen on getting the Windows Mail back in Windows 7 try this: PLS CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT FIRST AND PLS BACKUP YOUR WINDOWS MAIL FOLDER OF WINDOWS 7.

Open your Program Files folder in Windows 7, unhide hidden/system files/folders and take ownership of the now visible Windows Mail folder. Take ownership of this folder and its files using Ultimate Windows Tweaker option. Create a backup of this folder somewhere should you require it in future.

Next from your Windows Vista installation, copy the entire contents (select all) of the Windows Mail folder, situated in its Program Files folder.

Now all you have to do is to copy-paste this Vista's contents into the Windows 7's Windows Mail folder!

Create a shortcut of WinMail.exe on your desktop.

Tell me if it works; if it doesnt, you have your backup and your system restore point to go back to.

seti is offline Member

Yes follow what Andy says and to Live mail, that way of you have any future problems it will be stored unless you delete it. I use it and combine it with office outlook which is also stored unless you delete the messages.

Newy is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thanks guys it worked very well....if I hannt done all that would Windows mail run on 7 via outlook?

Newy

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I dont think so, but I dont know for sure.