DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: How do I make myself administrator.

Newy is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default How do I make myself administrator.

I have Ultimate but Im finding I cant do certain things like download gadgets etc because it says Im not administrator.I am on a home network and only one using my pc whats easiest way to give myself full permissions...

Newy

seti is offline Member

Got to contol pannel then user accounts, then change your account type. Failing that try: start, type netplwiz, hit enter, then when the box comes up, untick where it says users must use a password to log, when asked enter your password then restart. If neither of these work the last alternitive is to shut down, boot from your vista disk, enter repair, then when asked put in a password there, which will make you an administrator. The last opt., should not change anything other than when it finally reboots, making you admin. Hope one of these works for you.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

what do want to run, search in run box now instead of hitting the Enter key, use Ctrl+Shift + Enter. You will be prompted with the User Account Control dialog this will run the program in admin priviledges..

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

or if you have an application that requires Admin privileges to work.....then you can set it permanently to run in admin mode....

1. just right click on it and then select properties.
    2. go to compatibility tab and then check the box 'always run this application is admin mode'
    3. click apply and OK.