DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 7 internet connection problems

shy28 is offline New Member

Exclamation Windows 7 internet connection problems

We just got a new computer with Windows 7 preinstalled. We've been having alot of trouble connecting to the internet. Sometimes it connects intitially, but then stops conencting. I do not get any type of "not responding" message, but still end up ending the task in the task manager. I"ve done everything I know possible to fix it. Tried checking with the Windows 7 diagnostic check trying to find a problem with the internet connection and it didn't find anything. We are also having trouble installing the periodic windows updates on the computer. They get stuck and I have to restart the computer and remove the battery to get it to stop.

I'm wondering if my very old Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz broadband router is the problem. Do I need a newer and faster router? My old laptop (Windows XP) is working fine with this router.

Not computer savy at all. Please help! Thanks!

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

try the network connections troubleshooter and check what problem it figured out.

To use a Troubleshooter, follow the following steps:

1. Open Action Center from Control Panel or by clicking the Flag icon from notification icons area.
    2. Click on Troubleshooting option and then select any Troubleshooter according to your problem type i.e. whether it is related to display, sound, compatibility or any other.
    3. Follow the steps and use it to fix your problems automatically.

Or go to your router's vendor website and check for latest Windows 7 drivers.

UPDATE: Also see Fix Network & Internet connection problems in Windows 7 & Vista | The Windows Club .