DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One feature you dislike about Windows 7

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation One feature you dislike about Windows 7

Windows 7 seems to be almost universally loved. But I'm sure that there is atleast one annoyance or one feature you may be hating about or not liking in Windows 7.

Tell us about that feature you dont like !

The best or the most interesting comment will get the Tune-Up Utilities 2010 license courtesy member johnny.rotton. The winner will be decided by him in consultation with the Mods.

The thread can ofcourse, continue to remain open even when the prize is distributed in the next 10 days.

Aviator365 is offline Beginner

For me a simple thingy like the show desktop is missing. I think there are ways to put it on with some scripts i guess, but it annoys me. If anyone knows how to bring it back or if its hidden pls do mention it. And I don't like the use of aero peek in the far right end of windows it should have been on the left (all of this is my opinion, so you may disagree with me) Regards.

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator365 View Post
    For me a simple thingy like the show desktop is missing. I think there are ways to put it on with some scripts i guess, but it annoys me. If anyone knows how to bring it back or if its hidden pls do mention it. And I don't like the use of aero peek in the far right end of windows it should have been on the left (all of this is my opinion, so you may disagree with me) Regards.
    Well when you click on the aero peek button a show desktop is triggered.

Regarding the feature I dislike - the thing that annoyed me was the default grouping of the taskbar thumbnails (always combine hide labels). But it can be easily changed.Can't think of anything else at the moment.
    Last edited by nithinr6; 8th November 2009 at 12:57.

onupirat is offline New Member

For me, the biggest annoyance is the S3 sleep mode lag. Why?! Why it doesn't work Microsoft?! Why?!

And also i don't like the new status bar from explorer.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Preview Pane: We can view the content of a text file by using preview pane, but it would be more good if we can edit the content too in it or can at least copy/paste the content.

Bogdan_Z is offline Beginner

I hate the fact that clicking an icon on the taskbar has the same effect as hovering over it: it shows previews. It would have been a thousand times better if clicking on an icon opened a last opened window or tab if I have a few of them open. It would boost the productivity a lot!
    Also, the preview window of Windows Live Messenger is messed up: it shows TWO windows, one with the user icon and one with the mane window of the program. It should be fixed by combining them into one. Otherwise, when I'm chatting with someone and minimize everything, there are three (!) previews of WLM that correspond to two windows.
    Windows 7 is great, but there's still a lot to improve and fix.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator365 View Post
    For me a simple thingy like the show desktop is missing. I think there are ways to put it on with some scripts i guess, but it annoys me. If anyone knows how to bring it back or if its hidden pls do mention it.
    While there appear to be several suggestions for doing this, try Get the Show desktop icon back in Windows 7 taskbar left hand side. This tip will get the Show desktop icon in the Windows 7 in the location it should be and it will look & behave the way it should look & behave!

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

Aviator365: "...the show desktop is missing"

click on the right end of the taskbar.

Bogdan_Z: "...if clicking on an icon opened a last opened window or tab if I have a few of them open..."

right click the icon with the mouse.

one thing that i donīt like: W7 doesnīt save both size & position of windows.

fx. if i have a "big" window open, then open another "small" window,
    then close the first, then next time it opens it has both the size & position of the second window...

thatīs VERY stupid.
    so at the moment itīs impossible to use several windows with different sizes on the desktop.
    iīm waiting for a solution to that.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Not my complaint, but one that has received a lot of discussion at Microsoft Answers: How do I manually move icons in Windows Explorer?:
    My Folders and files are set on auto-sort (by name) and I can't figure out how to disable it. I want to arrange them in my own order.

Basically I folders A, B, and C and they're arranged in that order by name. I want to move folder A to the end like B, C, A. Of course I try to drag it over to the end but that cursor doesn't appear (the cursor that appears when you try to drag a file or folder inbetween another file/folder).

In Vista, I just need to move one file/folder out of the order and it disables auto-sort. But it doesn't work in my Windows 7 x64.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

There are 3 Vista features I miss:
    1. The "add to quick launch" in the right click context menu. The quick launch tweak does not provide that
    2. The nice extra toolbar that one could get by pushing a folder with shortcuts into the top of the screen (or the side). I used that a lot.
    3. The possibility to run a video as screensaver - but this is a minor miss.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast