DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Administrator Win7

bsten is offline New Member

Default Administrator Win7

In W7U I have two log in options, as an Admin and as "myself" (two accounts). When I log in as Admin the other account shows I am an Admin on the other account, but when I log in as "myself" I am no longer an Admin?!?

What can I do to delete the Admin account and have just one account with full rights (Admin)? Or should I delete the other account (the "myself" account)?

It's as if you buy a new car and you need someone else to help me get into the car and start it up etc... :-(

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsten View Post
    In W7U I have two log in options, as an Admin and as "myself" (two accounts). When I log in as Admin the other account shows I am an Admin on the other account, but when I log in as "myself" I am no longer an Admin?!?

What can I do to delete the Admin account and have just one account with full rights (Admin)? Or should I delete the other account (the "myself" account)?

It's as if you buy a new car and you need someone else to help me get into the car and start it up etc... :-(
    Presuming this PC is not part of a domain you can logon as the admin account and run compmgmt.msc from the command line or from Start > Run. Whatever is easiest.

Once there open Local Users and Groups then open Users and double click the "myself" account, open the Member of tab and verify that Administrators is there.

If administrator isn't in the list, click the add button, type Administrators in the "enter the object names" box and hit check names. It should change it to machinename\Administrators click ok.

If Administrators is already there you can close out of that and double click the Administrator account. On the General tab make sure "Account is disabled" is checked. Do not delete this account just disable it.

From now on just logon using the "myself" account. Any account that is part of the Administrators group is a local Administrator with full privileges on the machine.

arvind_kumar is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsten View Post

No need to delete the account only execute the command given below from command prompt in elevated mode ( Run as administrator):

net user username /active:no

bsten is offline New Member

Default Kudos!

Kudos!!!

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

u can run by ctrl shift enter and this makes u run as a administrator..