Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About MSDN/Technet Key - can you share or give them away?

Jay
    Jay is offline Beginner

Default About MSDN/Technet Key - can you share or give them away?

Hi

My friend have MSDN account and he using now Windows ultimate but he can get from there Home,pro ,vista XP key too.He asked me if he can share one or two keys with his brother .he wants one XP key and and Windows 7 or Home key to give his brother but im not sure about this if it is legal or if he can share those keys...so anyone here can tell me if it is possible or not....

Thanks.....

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

MSDN or technet keys cannot be shared. Its against the license agreement.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

I think, if you haven't used that key than you can give to anyone you want.

But do refer the MSDN for more.

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    I think, if you haven't used that key than you can give to anyone you want.

But do refer the MSDN for more.
    Nope AFAIK you cant give the keys of your MSDN OSs to anyone else be it paid or for free even if you are not using that license.
    Last edited by nithinr6; 16th January 2010 at 14:47.

leofelix is offline Member

Nithirn6 is right, those keys cannot be reselled or borrowed.

I think we'd better not to discuss more on this argument

iMav is offline Gold Member

Default Reply To About MSDN/Technet Key

Since the thread has been locked:

http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...tml#post147942

Hi

My friend have MSDN account and he using now Windows ultimate but he can get from there Home,pro ,vista XP key too.He asked me if he can share one or two keys with his brother .he wants one XP key and and Windows 7 or Home key to give his brother but im not sure about this if it is legal or if he can share those keys...so anyone here can tell me if it is possible or not....

Thanks.....
    Those keys are meant to install the OS on multiple computers to test scenarios, provide support, upgrade and CAN BE SHARED.

The only condition is one cannot sell them. If you have a MSDN/TechNet account and want to install or upgrade the OS on any machine, you can use those keys. Only thing is you cannot resell them.

ok.. let's re open this thread,
    Thank you iMav for your delicacy

Check this MSDN Subscriptions | MSDN Subscription Software Use Rights, How can I use the software included in my MSDN Subscription?
    MSDN subscriptions are licensed on a per-user basis. One person can use the software to design, develop, test, or demonstrate his or her programs on any number of devices. Each person who uses the software this way needs a license.

MSDN Subscriptions are only offered per individual, there are no “team” subscriptions or sharing of subscription benefits. You should select the right MSDN Subscription for each person on your software development team based on the software that person needs to use and the support benefits required. Remember that team members who install the software (such as IT Professionals who install software for a test lab) will also need an MSDN subscription.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Not really sure if that applies to Windows, and I'm pretty certain that Microsoft wouldn't give 100 activations per SKU to be used by one guy.

Since your highlighted line mentions "benefits", the benefits page does not list Windows licenses as "benefits" MSDN Subscriptions | Learn about Subscriber Benefits, What is included in a MSDN Subscription?

I think we may find some answers here

Microsoft Volume Licensing - Product Licensing

When you purchase a software license through a Microsoft Volume Licensing program, the terms and conditions for how you can use the software are defined in the Volume Licensing Product Use Rights (PUR) document, Product List document, and program agreement
    It should be enough to download the right document and find out what kind of license you have.

Rental licenses have been introduced recently, but I do not think is the case of Jay's friend

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast