DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Programs wont stay installed..

Newy is offline Windows Enthusiast

Default Programs wont stay installed..

Guys
    Im having a wierd problem where certain software wont stay installed I have had to reinstall 2 programs over 6 times now it works then when I go back it wont run....any ideas

Peace....Newy

Plopper is offline Beginner

You mean that it runs when you install it, then when you go back to it some time later, it won't run and Windows says that it can't run the program or something like that?

If so, if it's an older program you may have to try the backwards compatability option, I had the same thing happen to me all the time with Vista and it has happened a couple of times with 7, I ran a 32 bit / older program for a couple of weeks some times then it would just up and stop working, then just by setting the backwards compatability mode to the generation of the program it usually started working fine and would run fine ever after.

So. To do this right click on the program's icon, select properties from the pop up menu then the compatability tab, then click on compatability mode and select the generation of Windows that you program was programed for. i.e. If your program was release in the Windows 95 era select that from the list, and so on.

Newy is offline Windows Enthusiast

I have thought along those lines but the 2 main culprits are Acronis 2010 and System Mechanic 9.5 which are both supposed to be for Win 7?...

Newy

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Strange ... try installing them as Admin ...