DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Boot problem

Marius is offline New Member

Default Boot problem

Hi there, i'm a new user. I've been using win7 since november. Yesterday I made a big mistake: (without explaining why) i formatted a partition of the disk, with parted magic. This partition was of 40Mb (i confused it, i wanted to format the 40Gb one) and now i cannot boot windows 7 :S
    Do you know how to fix this problem?

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

I am sure others can help out more than I can but if you partitioned the drive windows was on. You have three options.

1. Send the hard drive to a data recovery company and pay tons of money to get your stuff back
    2. Maybe you made a backup on another hard drive of your stuff? If not............
    3. Start from scratch and Reinstall Windows and all of your programs by booting off the CD.

the problem is not in the operating sistem, the OS drive with all the files in is still there. I formatted one partition dadicated only to booting the sistem. So i don't need the copy of windows, just the booter...by the way, thank you for your help, lets wait for some other's answer

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Yeah, you destroyed the partition that the BIOS needs for booting. Reinstalling the OS will not help. Call the manufacturer and see whether they can send you something to revive that partition.

well i first solved the problem installing bootit a rude boot manager, but i worked.
    But yesterday i tried again to "play" with partitions, and now it doesnt boot anything :S
    i think it's time to backup my disk and formatt everything; then reinstall by the ground...