DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: How do you clear Windows 7 Action Center "Problems" history?

Chinook is offline New Member

Default How do you clear Windows 7 Action Center "Problems" history?

I have Win 7 x64 installed. It has been working fine except for persistent Action Center messages and when I open up the window, under the sub-heading of Maintenance and "view problems to report", there is a list of 77leven kazillion entries that this pgm failed, or that pgm "stopped responding and was closed", or there was an "unexpected video hardware error", or, or, or, ad nauseum.

I have uninstalled all of the "offending programs" and actually had to change out the offending video/graphics card (it actually was malfunctioning) but I can't get rid of these ... blasted ... messages.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to delete/clear/expunge these ... Action Center "Issues to report" ????

Thanks
    John Chinook

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Follow these steps to clear the problem history report:

Click to open Action Center.

Click Maintenance, and then, under Check for solutions to problem reports, click View reliability history.

Click View all problem reports.

At the bottom of the Problem History page, click Clear all problem reports.

Warning
    Once you clear the problem report history from your computer, you won't have access to any of the past problems or solutions in Action Center, Problem History, or archived messages. Once you clear the problem report history, you can't undo this action, and you might lose information that could help you solve problems.

This information was taken from going to start menu/help and support and searching for clear action center history/ clear maintenance history
    Tested on my laptop running Windows 7 Premium and it worked

Hope this helps
    Lee

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Put the programs in question on the exclusion list here: Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Advanced Problem Reporting Settings

Chinook is offline New Member

LW
    Your directions worked perfectly.
    Thank you,

John Chinook