DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Automatic mouse click on startup of Windows 7

Pauly is offline New Member

Default Automatic mouse click on startup of Windows 7

I noticed something with my Windows 7 installation, that is whenever it loads up it will automatically click on whatever I happen to have the mouse on. More specifically, when the desktop has just been displayed, but startup processes are still being loaded, if I quickly move the mouse over something it will be automatically clicked after a few seconds. For example, if the mouse happens to be on top of the Start icon, then the Start menu will pop up. If the mouse happens to be on top of any shortcut icon (either on the desktop or pinned to the taskbar), that application will be launched.

My question is this: is this a standard Windows feature? If so, how can I turn it off? I don't want anything to launch unless I actually click on it.

If it's not a standard Windows feature, and is due to some other application I have installed, does anyone know which it might be? I don't want to uninstall/reinstall applications just to figure out which is the culprit.

Thanks,
    Paul

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

There is an Auto Mouse Click Software utility which automatically clicks left or right buttons of a mouse. Hope it hasn't been installed on your computer unknowingly...

You may try one or more of these:

1. Open Folder Options in Explorer and in the General tab, click on Restore Defaults > Apply > OK and see if it helps.

2. Via Control Panel, Open Mouse properties and see if there are any setting which need to be changed in this regard.

3. The Driver could have got corrupted. You may have to uninstall/reinstall the driver or mayybe update it

4. Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Devices and Printers. Under Devices you will see Mouse icon, Right click on it and select Troubleshoot. Use the Troubleshooter.

5. The mouse hardware may have developed a defect.

- Test another mouse on this computer and see the result.

- Test this mouse on another computer and see the result.

This may give you an idea of where the defect may lie.

Hope something helps.

shaycorl is offline New Member

AS andy described you might be using the double click feature which is letting programs opening even by hovering mouse on any program icon. Andy has already described very well and really really informative.